To make chocolate muffins using a brownie mix, you’ll need a few additional ingredients and follow these simple steps:
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Muffin liners (if desired)
- Preheat your oven to the temperature indicated on the brownie mix box (usually around 350°F or 175°C). Place muffin liners in a muffin tin if you’re using them.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs. Stir until the ingredients are well combined and form a smooth batter. If you like extra chocolatey muffins, you can add chocolate chips to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners, filling each one about 2/3 full. This will allow room for the muffins to rise while baking.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for the time specified on the brownie mix box for muffins. The baking time may be slightly shorter than the baking time for a full brownie pan since muffins tend to cook faster.
- To check if the muffins are done, insert a toothpick into the center of one muffin. If it comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, the muffins are ready. If it comes out with wet batter, bake them for a few more minutes and check again.
- Once the muffins are fully baked, remove the tin from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Then, transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious chocolate muffins! They can be served warm or at room temperature.
Feel free to dust the muffins with powdered sugar or drizzle them with melted chocolate for some added sweetness and decoration if desired.